View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 09:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jupiter2

Hi Nogard,

I know how you feel about the interview. Blown a couple myself and felt rotten. Getting or keeping a job sometimes seems like the most important thing, but I know I am forgeting that there are things like my sobriety that mean so much more. Jobs will come and go, but without sobriety, I will lose everything.

You will get another crack at an interview. Don't worry about that. Just don't pick up and let the feelings you are having dissipate. They will and you will see your feelings of disappointment wane and you will feel better.

I think that the job thing can be one of the biggest threats to our sobriety. Especially in the first year or two. We feel such pressure (and financial need often) to get that high paying job and "succeed". This pressure often comes with sobriey as we try to repair years of damage to our careers and work record. This stuff ain't easy to deal with.

What a rat race. Thank goodness for the support of other addicts and alcoholics.

Oh well. Dust yourself off, don't drink or use, and give yourself another shot. You will do fine the next time.

Jup.