Old 06-29-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Zombie79

What I've noticed so far- only in 19days mind you!
- less waste food wise. I'm cooking more and my fridge isn't just a graveyard for stuff to slowly rot in.
- more recycling! I take time to recycle instead of just putting everything in 1 bin
-being able to wake up at 6- and get up!
-days feel longer but gives me more time to do stuff like I'm able to get laundry and dishes done as well as get out walking with the dog and enjoying going shopping
- I'm slowly learning to be a bit easier on myself. When drinking I'd sit in self-pity, wallowing in despair about the things in my life I was disappointed in, how it must be because I'm a crap person. In sobriety, I'm learning to like myself and be more positive.
- taking better care of me. The shame in typing this but taking a shower wasn't high on my priority list when drinking. On a day off like today, 4-5 bottles of wine was the priority! So showers and moisturising and perfume,etc were just after- thoughts. Now I'm all about the nice smelling shower stuff and cleansing.
- my skin is slowly improving. I'm not as red faced (also my heart rate is down loads, probably explains that too!)

So at present, whenever my AV rears its ugly head- which it has done today- I did list the benefits of remaining sober and just took time out to realisa the AV will pass