Thread: Trust
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
pdm22

Originally Posted by Beachn View Post

We are both getting intensive therapy. It’s difficult work. Your statement about her memory of events is interesting as she continues to state she is unable to offer complete timelines or explanations. In fact she has said it didn’t even seem like it was her, like watching herself in a movie.

So frustrating. Torn up by the events that have wrecked our lives and my lack of sustained compassion makes me feel like crap. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Thanks everyone.
Psychiatrist Peter Breggin has some great info on the psychiatric drug piece of it. Anti-depressant induced akathisia / medication spelling binding- intoxication anosognosia is very terrifying and very real, plus with the alcohol mixed in...not sure if his website is considered a “blog” and if I can post links to it, but if you google him and those terms, he does a good job of explaining how that works, and what happens to some people, including what withdrawal looks like when people suddenly stop or taper too fast. I’ve found his info extremely helpful.