View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Good evening Aprilites, I hope you've all had a good Wednesday.

I had a lovely lunch today with my friend, I've only known her for about 3 years and she's nanna to one of the boys in my little g'sons' class. She has an amazing job as a prison chaplain and she has an adult son who is very similar to mine, in fact they know each other. I really like her, she's very down to earth, no airs and graces. We had a good chat about our wayward sons and put the world to rights. It was good to be able to talk to someone who truly understands. The food was scrumptious, we started with olives, bread and a garlicky dip, then I had Penne Arabbiata and we finished with coffee. I love Italian, but it was very spicy and very garlicky. I'm a garlic monster tonight, I reek of the stuff, I can smell it myself seeping from my pores so it must be bad, still it's a million times better than reeking of alcohol. Mr D.B is avoiding me like the plague, lol.

I love your post Viper, I just can't believe how positive you are now and what a brilliant sense of humour have. So next Wednesday you will have one year sober, wow, it's just amazing and I'm very proud of you.

Hiya Erratic, I'm always happy to see you posting. You need to start being kind to yourself, you are not self centred, you were extremely worried about your daughter and then you had that work nonsense to top it all.
We do all have our problems and it's good to vent here and get it out of our systems, it's far healthier than bottling it all up.

Thinking of you too Nichole and I'm so pleased that you're still sober. How's the aches and pains now, have they eased up? Keep going and work on each day as it comes, today is all you need to concentrate on. xx