View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by jjwinters View Post
- She has an amazing sense of humor. We can sit around and talk or joke for hours.
- I can tell she loves me a great deal. I think that's never something to take for granted.
- She is always there to help me if I'm in trouble.
- She is extremely talented and beautiful.
- We have very similar tastes in music, food, style etc.
- She loves to be around me.
- She tries to support my pursuits. I say "try" because, she verbally encourages me but definitely had trouble giving me the space I needed to achieve my goals. She would get really depressed or uneasy whenever spending time apart.
The reason I asked is because people often say this. For alcoholics/addicts in general. There is a "good" side and a "bad" side.

Now, you could add - after each of those statements "when she's not drinking" probably? Or to most. The fact is she is drinking and has no intention to stop. She doesn't have a problem with her drinking, you do.

Could be the alcohol, could be the way she "is", no way to tell but regardless, is this the partner you want in your life? People who love you do not intentionally hurt you and then blame you.

She loves to be around you but you feel she is taking over your life (you mentioned this in your other thread). That's all about her and not that much to do with you. Not saying you aren't a great guy! But the fact that she must know what you are doing 24/7 and expects you to drop everything at a moments notice to run to her side is about dependence, not love.

I'm not trying to berate her by the way, although I'm sure it sounds like it. I just think that in a relationship with an addict ALL things are affected, it's just that the other things are so horrible that this stuff looks good in comparison?