View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AutumnMama

So, I think it went okay? Haha. I'm still kind of digesting and trying to remember what I agreed to. But the attorney is going to write everything up and I can have my attorney review it before I sign anything.

The money stuff--I got everything I wanted. I resisted a little on the proceeds of our house that we're selling (part of them go to his parents, they gave us the lot) but I got something written in that if it sells under X price, we will go back to mediation to adjust his parents share. I'm fine with that.

Regarding custody--he really had the number 120 nights in his head for some reason. What we ended up agreeing upon is every other long weekend (he also really wanted an overnight where he could take our son to school in the morning, but I was hesitant with a midweek one every week because I thought he would be flaky and his work schedule would make it erratic and tough for a 3 year old to adjust to) and one weeknight visit (not overnight). Two weeks in the summer, but not consecutively, and if they are in town, I get to spend one of the evenings with him (a reverse schedule, I guess). But I think it's being written that 120 nights is the target, but the remaining nights outside of the schedule I just said will be decided between us during the year. Which means, I think they won't happen. Or they can happen when I travel out of town for work.

Drug Testing - he created a drug testing schedule that involved weekly urine tests which he said he still agreed to do, but he adamantly refused to include any of that in the decree. He seems to be going for some sort of public perception here (which is why he wanted to get to a certain # of nights so it could be legal "joint" custody instead of "sole" custody). I mentioned my idea of the hair follicle testing instead of the weekly testing. He said he isn't opposed but then went on some rant about what he does in his spare time, outside of his time with charlie, isn't my concern. I said it is my concern if it is illegal. Anyway, the attorney was going to put some language into it that allowed either one of us to request the other one be tested. I don't really know if I'd get much more than that through a court without my husband's blessing... I'll ask my attorney. I don't have a lot of solid proof to show the court, just circumstantial stuff.