View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
snitch

Hey everyone

Aww Nichole bless you. How you feeling now? I personally didn't suffer from the sort of pains you are talking about from what I can remember anyway. If you are concerned then it is always better to see your doctor. Remember to take it one day at a time hon and keep posting. It is good to have you back here with us.

So I spoke to my sponsor for the 1st time in a good few weeks. She has 3 children, 1 is only 6 months old. Her partner (the baby's daddy) lives about 70 miles from her so she is on her own really, so you can imagine she is quite busy etc. Recently, the property she has been living in for 10 years has been sold and so she had to move out and because she isnt working, she had to be placed into emergency housing. So as you can imagine she has had alot on her plate. I have been busy too. I was I'll for a good week, I had 4 training days and I have just been to Africa. So we have kind of not really seen or spoken to each other but we have text. Anyway today she said to me "what's going on?!" I asked what she meant. She said that a condition of her sponsoring me was that I called her daily, worked the steps and attended regular meetings. We did have that agreement at the beginning but she was kind of lax on things herself. I have completed my step 4 weeks ago and have been waiting on her to fit me in to go through my step 5. Also, I said to her I hadnt been to a meeting for a while and that I do still want to go to meetings but that I dont feel that I need to go daily. I want to do other things with my time as well. I have joined a gym and a yoga studio and want to get into that. She said my recovery has to come first. I said yes of course I agree but I didnt get sober to sit in meetings my whole life. plus recovery for me also means doing regular exercise and exploring things that I would like to do. Sober. My sponsor is sponsoring me how she was sponsored and what works for her but that isnt necessarily what works for me. The more sober I get and the more work I do on myself, the more clear headed I am about what I want. And I do not want to call someone every day, I do not want to run every single thought I have or decision I want to make, by her. She has helped me so much in my early sobriety but I feel we are on different pages now. So we have parted ways. But omg, she said to me to be really careful and that she was "extremely alarmed" by my behaviour. I am not going to argue with her. My recovery is my recovery. I feel in a good place at the moment in terms of the tools I have to not drink. Sober recovery is a big part of my recovery plan too. I will still attend meetings, maybe one day I will even get another sponsor. But I want to live my life and to enjoy it!!

So that's where I stand at the moment and I feel good about my decision.

Grateful for ALL the different recovery methods out there and for open mindedness 🙏❤🙏❤