View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FlawedNFntastic

I hit about 9-10 months and my anxiety (which I'd medicated with alcohol, just like so many others) came back with rollover minutes. I was panicked about everything. I work a high stress, high stakes job too, and where I work is a small firm. They can't really fire me and I KNOW it. But every time they called me in, that little voice in my head said, "This is it, they're firing you."

I toughed it out for a month or so, and then my mom (who is probably the closest thing to perfection on this planet) said, "Maybe you need to try some medication?" She's big on letting people live their own lives and make their own decisions, so that little utterance was tantamount to her screaming at me through a bullhorn that I was scaring the crap out of her with my incessant freaking out.

I went in, got on some meds, the dosage was all wrong, and we spent a month tinkering, and now.... it's okay. I still worry all the time, but it's like a whisper rather than a roar. Plus, I'm just a really anxious person.

I was also really sliding into a bout with depression and hadn't realized it. I was like, "I'm sober, life is infinitely better, what's there to be sad about?" But pressure and life and worry are always there. So now things are way more manageable, and I feel like I'm more useful to the people in my life this way.

Maybe talk to your doctor? Meds aren't the answer for everyone, but they are a possibility, and in my case, they made my life infinitely better. And I'm still sober!

Best of luck to you.