View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BrianK

Good morning!

Some worries are bigger than others, and you got some serious stuff going on. In a way it sounds healthy to have enough appreciation for having a job that you're worried about losing it, versus caring all about booze and nothing else, like when we were drinking. Pain is a sign of living tissue, so to speak.

I recently started writing my concerns down in a journal, and setting aside pages specifically for them. Then, later one, whenever a thought about that concern grabs me, I note it down with the date. It doesn't make it go away, but it gives me something to do with it. And in the past week I noticed a job-related concern didn't cross my mind as much. The issue is still there. But it's been dealt with in a concrete way.

I never tried this before, and am amazed at how well it's worked in this little bit of time. Who knows if it will be a long-term thing or not, but I guess I'll just keep doing it till it fails. Not sure what I'll do if it does fail...

Now I got another entry for the journal

And congratulations on a year!!! I'm on Day 21, so feel free to take my "advice" with a grain of salt. But that concern-journaling jumped into my mind as soon as I read your post, like someone else was telling me to share it.