View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 02:52 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Guener

I think I will be taking Mom home from the hospital today, and that makes me happy.

This morning I had a dream where I was at a Thanksgiving banquet where we all had to bring some dish to the table for many people. A new, close friend worked it out where I was outed about being in recovery, that I was an alcoholic. I was pretty upset at having somebody take over my decision for something like that. It all worked out fine in the end, and I woke up.

Sometimes I wish that I could walk freely among others in the world with them knowing what I am going through, but it doesn't seem like the world is quite ready, or I am not, probably both, to be able to go about in such a careless state about what it means to be in recovery.

There are so many posts on SR about how to handle situations where you have to decline a drink, it's too bad we are, most of us, in the closet about it. The media is doing some work on making the idea of a population like us being out there, but it takes time for these things to filter into public consciousness. I don't know if there will be a time when I could be out about my condition, but there is hope for it one day.

Anyway, that's what's on my mind early this morning!