View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
abgator

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Best thing to do would be to give the liver a break naturally, eat only whole food that grows out of the ground, no processed food whatsoever. Organic where possible, cut out caffeine and drink plenty of water. Eat plenty of varied fresh vegetables and fruit so you get a wide range of nutrients into your body.

Nature provides everything we need to stay healthy so I would try healthy eating for a month before even considering any kind of supplements. x
This.

Doc told me a year ago that the liver said I needed to make changes to my diet and of course, stop drinking. Although the alcohol was far trickier and took much longer, I found the diet change to be fairly easy.

As was said, removing processed foods and sugar is a necessity. If it's not whole grain wheat, in the legume family, or natural in fruits and vegetables (avoid tropical fruits very high in sugar)....don't eat it.

Do that and the liver will heal itself.

Disagree on caffeine though. Some is ok. Coffee itself is actually very healthy in moderation and as long as you don't put sugar or cream in it. I didn't drink caffeine for nearly 15 years, but now I drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day. It's been one of my alcohol replacements.