Old 06-17-2019, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Milano58

Anybody else's alcoholics trying to force their normal on you?

Each time I've gone no contact.. Or minimal contact he suddenly plays the 'responsible parent'. I don't know if it's because I'm actively running for the hills, detaching, blanking etc and he still needs my validation. But he quit texting a fortnight ago cos his bed warming enabler is very insecure their 'relationship'. I revelled in being left alone, especially after his recent.. I love you.. Can we get back together.. I can't drink?.. Right I'll go back to wotsherface and take her on that 10k trip to Europe'

I've taken all the support here to heart and just detached. And he's effin hating it. I'm assuming it doesn't fit with his alcoholic reality that we're all good.
'I haven't hurt my ex wife.. I'd never hurt her. My drinking doesn't hurt anybody.. See.. Just ask my bed warmer. She's seen me drunk. Look I'm responsible, I just found a way to save on school fees' (I manage the bills.. I'm leagues ahead).
'Our son is really playing up at school' .... Yesssss, I know. I have day to day care so I get ALL the fallout. He's playing up because his daddy is an active alcoholic who's really hurt his mommy. And although she's doing EVERYTHING to move on, recover and try to hide her pain from her kids.. My lil boy is hurting.

It just farrrrks me off so much that he thinks he's blameless. I swear.. Give it another week and he'll be calling me immature for being distant towards him. The insanity..

Sorry for the rant... There's just no remorse.