View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Grateful for all those here who did not drink at wedding events this weekend. Weddings can be tough! I am going to one this Summer and I know my friend is expecting me to participate in a toast. I have a plan though. It’s not even that I want to drink or looking for an excuse to drink. It’s about getting her off my back. Lol
Grateful for modern medicine and that cataract surgery usually goes pretty smoothly. Both my Dad and his wife (and previous wife) had them without any problems
Grateful to find a new book - Living well despite adversity. I’m not experiencing adversity now, but have faced significant adversity in childhood and parts of my grown up life. Adversity is just part of life and we will all face it, sometimes multiple times. I know my time is coming for more. Not sure in what form. But It’s unavoidable. I want to be prepared and not fall back to drinking ever again. I’m going to think of this book as another sober tool
Grateful for Fathers Day. I called my dad this morning and could only leave a message. He’s grown more distant lately. He has Dementia. But I’ve come to the realization that even before that he’s always been distant. Things got better for a while there. It’s ok, I love him anyway and I know he loves me too. He did the best he could with tough circumstances.
Grateful for my husband and his dad skills.
Grateful even though it’s Father’s Day and I should be cooking, husband wants French toast and only he can make that good, so he’s doing it. Plus he’s bbq’g steak tonight
Grateful to sitting on the patio enjoying the beautiful morning, the birds singing and nature
Grateful to spend a wonderful time with friends last night. The Dad’s parents are visiting from Australia, and it was good to hang out with them too. Though his mom has a huge drinking problem still and that was a little rough for me to observe her down two bottles of wine throughout the course of the evening and barely seem drunk
Grateful I don’t drink anymore
Grateful for all of you. Have a wonderful day!