Old 06-14-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
boreas

I don’t follow sports, but for some reason some Kardasian’s Raptors party popped up in my news feed this morning. Now I’m glad because at least I know what you’re referring to.

I thought more about your initial post. I’m a few years older than you, and I found that extended sobriety have solved some health issues that I thought were just things to be accepted because I was aging. An inability to lose that middle-aged spread, hormonal mid-life junk, and just overall stamina and fading looks to name a few. All have improved. I became sober because I accepted I have a problem, but the unforeseen benefits have made staying sober the right path without question.

More and more evidence show the harm of even moderate alcohol consumption. I”m happy to report that bora jr., now 17, doesn’t see alcohol as the free ticket to popularity I saw it as at his age. I am glad to see a cultural shift.

My mom is obese, and getting worse by the day. Dad fears she’ll be in a wheelchair soon. It’s sad to watch, because better health is within reach if she would change her eating habits. At least now I can discuss it with her knowing that I put on my big girl pants and addressed my own bad habits that would have resulted in a greater burden later to my own child. Problem drinking aside, the benefits of abstinence are many.

Just thinking out loud today.
-bora
ETA: Congrats on resisting drinking while cooking. That was a favorite past time of mine back in the day.

Last edited by boreas; 06-14-2019 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Posting incompetence.