Old 06-14-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Originally Posted by shay17 View Post

Thanks for reading and please share some of your stories of relapsing in early sobriety?
Thanks, that was an interesting and saddening read. I have no relapse stories, because once I quit, I never relapsed. I guess before then, I just relapsed nightly on a regular basis.

But here's a story that somewhat mirrors yours, but from a male perspective. It may or may not be sad. Mostly for me, it's just embarrassing. I was out of town and decided to go to a bar. That's hardly a big surprise. But I found this presentable establishment, went in, and sat down at the bar to begin drinking. I was stone cold sober when I went in. The woman tending the bar was attractive, and willing to talk. She seemed like she may have been interested in me too. We talked about happy things like normal people getting to know each other. I felt like I was doing well.

I don't know how many drinks I had. I didn't think it was that many, but eventually, I felt it was time to leave. I had conducted myself fairly well I thought, so I said good night, and got off the bar stool, took a few steps, and then stumbled. I didn't fall down, just did an obviously too drunk not to stumble things, and the bar maid give out a spontaneous laugh. But it was not one of those, "You're so cute laughs," but one of those, "You sure don't hold your liquor very well," laughs, leaving me with the impression that I wasn't as cool as I had hoped. I never turned around to look at her. I just made it to the door and got out of there, and never went back to see her again.