Thread: 91 Days!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BrianK

I've dealt with similar regrets, and have to fight the Alcoholic Voice telling me, "You drank for 10 (or 20, 30....) years, so that how far behind in life you are!" (My Alcoholic Voice likes to use math to screw with me) But the optimistic side of me remembers that even though we might be worse than most, lots of people in their 20's take the "fun life" a little too far. It's not like we didn't accomplish anything at all and everyone else was stone sober the whole time and giving 110% to productive things.

Also, for me, this was the beating and wakeup call I needed to do some serious work on myself. I interact with some people 20-30 years older than me who might not drink, but seem to be at the spiritual development of a teenager (in my opinion, as someone entirely unqualified to make that assessment) So I'm glad I got the wakeup call I needed before it was too late to make any changes, BUT, as an alcoholic and a free person, I'm free to flush it all tomorrow, and need to stay in the Now and grateful so that doesn't happen.

Thanks for sharing! This helped me sort some things out a little better.