Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

In my business there are many identity theft issues...

...and very often it is parents, usually drug addicts and alcoholics, who have stolen their own children's identities. i'm unaware of the dynamics in the UK, but here I'd be suggesting credit monitoring under your childrens' names and social security numbers. it's never fun when people find out from a salesman they don't even know that, before they've ever even used it, their credit is already destroyed.

best to you and your children, and please consider Al-Anon to help you understand many of the things that have happened, are happening, and are going to happen with this man.

C-

Originally Posted by RainingButtons View Post
Thanks for the feedback honestly this forum is a godsend. Ok so I took the advice you all gave and went to open a new account for my son. I needed his passport for ID and guess what...? It had gone. So had my daughters.

I had the passports when I moved. I keep them in a tin. I also know AH has had access to them since I moved because of the early days of him being here using my WiFi. Cut a long story short I now have them back. He denied having “taken” them of course - said he just happened to have them. I’ve no idea why. However I do know that he tried to access my sons other account which is a little trust fund I save regularly in, but they wouldn’t speak to him without my authority as it’s held in my name. Im not saying he tried to take the money but he certainly tried to change the address.

Im suspicious of him now. More than ever. I suspect he may be trying to bury his assets by transferring them into the kids names or something along those lines? I can’t think why else he would need their passports unless it’s a control thing? I don’t think he’d take them abroad. He would never cope with our daughter on his own and he knows this.

I have decided to get myself some legal advice next week about putting a declared financial interest in the house he owns and separating us financially because if he goes bankrupt or runs up debts I’m worried I’m still liable as I’m legally still married to him.