Old 11-19-2005, 04:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
scorpiowife

i have to wonder...i'm in the process of trying to take the 4th step and being an adult child and a codependent- married to an AH, i have to ask myself honestly- did i share some of this abusive behavior that JT mentions in his post. i'm not saying that my AH didn't do his share of emotional abuse but to take a honest and fearless moral inventory i have to ask myself what was my part in all this. after all the only one we can change is ourselves. i have begun to learn just how sick i was. i am constantly hearing myself say "that is part of my illness" and it is liberating just to be able to be aware of it. JT's post opened my eyes even wider i see alot of my own actions in there exspecially "perry mason".
a relationship is a two way street what ever the dynamics. i'm feeling there are some amends that need to be made on both parts. hopefully with the help of HP we will come out on the other side.

thanks for this post JT now i'm going to open my birthday gifts and TRY to be pleased with everything no matter what it looks like or how much it cost. lol it's the thought that counts.

have a great day everyone- i'm sure gonna try!