View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

The Flehman response! Never knew there was a name for that
Numblady, it’s always nice to not have to argue about the thermostat
Grateful for coffee and watching Sunday morning show with my cats
Grateful for a good run yesterday
Grateful to go to the local art and wine festival yesterday, to not be tempted to drink in the least, to actually notice so many people drinking LaCroix, water or coffee. The first two years of sobriety, I was very focused on others drinking wine and what I thought I was missing out on. Not anymore. Grateful to get a new toe ring and anklet at a booth. A couple years ago, I had a surgery and they made me remove my toe ring (apparently the metals can cause something bad to happen in surgery), then I lost it and the anklet later got caught on something and broke
Grateful for a fun party at a friends last night. About 10 parents and kids. Sort of a new friend group. Throughout the course of the evening, about 4 hours, most of them had one or two glasses of wine or beer, then water, or no alcohol at all. It’s refreshing to make new friends with normie and nondrinkers! In the past we only had heavy drinking friends. I wonder about the stories of the nondrinkers. Are they in recovery like me, did they have an alcoholic parent, do they not drink for religious reasons? What’s the deal?
Grateful for the firefighters
Grateful for each of you