Thread: Lack of empathy
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wombaticus

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Hi Wombaticus,

It sounds like a lot had been going on, including some good things. Your family member is healing/recovering?

I find it even more disturbing that your husband told you some kind of story that brought on this kind of distress. It's okay to walk away from ill relationships to have space for healing, whether it's for a few days once in a while or longer chunks of time.

((((hugs))))
thanks Mango. He's recovering from heart surgery following a severe strep infection- nasty stuff. Still in hospital, but hopefully home next week.
AHs story was about something I consider pretty weird and out there - against my moral views i guess you could say.. I am no prude, and have a very open mind about social issues, politics, religion, etc etc, but I have a line, and it was crossed.
I freaked because it confirned that we may be so different in our views that we just can't sustain our situation any more , with or without active recovery.
Alcohol, time, and lack of communication has destroyed our relationship. I can look back and see many times when my distress has been blamed on many different and varied factors. Its mainly been used against me to point out how crazy I am. Well, no more I say. I am allowed to have feelings, and be distressed. These are normal human behaviours that when responded to with kindness, can be eased.