Thread: Lack of empathy
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wombaticus

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Wombaticus…..I. personally, have very strong feelings on this kind of behavior....withholding compassion, concern and comfort in the wake of another's grief and pain....
I consider it a very passive-aggressive act of hostility or aggression. It may be "invisible" , due to it's very passive nature...but, it cuts like a sword.

I divorced my first husband for that very reason...even with three small children....
I knew that this kind of behavior would suck all of the spirit from my bones and destroy my children if I didn't remove it from our home....
I have never regretted that decision...and, my adult kids say that they are so glad that I made that decision, for all of our welfare....
thanks Dandylion. I am now at the point in my recovery where i can see it for what it is. Ironically, their withholding of love results in them losing out on that very same thing. Yes, its very hostile. I am very thankful there is no violence. But for the sake of my kids, i need to wrap this relationship up sooner rather than later. Teenager already sees what is going on. He's remarkably resilient, but this situation is not fair on him or the younger one.