Old 06-06-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suncatcher

Seeing the cody in me has been a long history

When I first joined SR I was here because I was in a relationship with an alcoholic. Most of my posts have been about this alcoholic in my life. Now that I am back I am delving deeper into my own reasons for being here which is my codependency. Looking back I can see I have been codependent way before the relationship with the alcoholic in my life though that brought it to the forefront. When I watched Anne Lamonts video, she mentioned "you can't go chasing your children with chap stick and sunscreen...you have to let them go, it is disrespectful not to." I could see myself in that statement. Always worrying, trying to make everyone comfortable, trying to help everyone. It is very hard to look at ourselves sometimes. We tend to look outward at everyone else. I am relating to a lot of posts here lately and doing some real soul searching. Hoping to really get to the core and educate myself on this codependency thing. I am trying not to be too hard on myself but at the same time not lose momentum on the work I have ahead of me. I know it is going to take time and will most likely not be fixed with one book or one video as much as I would love that! Thank you for listening.