View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Yes, I too experienced the childhood neglect and I figured it out many years ago myself...I think I figured it out when I was 16 and they kicked me out...

I just opened this thou..hoping that "we" or "I" would not blame the disease of alcoholism on Emotional Neglect....Many things have happened to me in my lifetime....serious bad....ugly things...but i never blamed them for my drinking.

I drank because I got the "gene" from my family tree to be an alcoholic...and I could have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth and loving parents...and I'm SURE I still would drink.

There are people out there that have had God awful things happen and they never turned into alcoholics or had problems with drugs....

We cover up **** with alcohol...but we also celebrate **** with alcohol...there was always a "reason" to have alcohol for me....but it was never the issue...the issue was I couldn't just have ONE or TWO drinks to take away the pain....I kept going cause I'm addicted to alcohol once I put in my body.