Old 06-05-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JADIII

Update

Wanted to wait a few days to post and get my thoughts together.

As I mentioned, I had a ultrasound last week on Thursday. Of course my MD went on vacation for 4 days on Friday morning so I had to wait until Monday to hear the results. Got the call on Monday morning from him and basically it was the following.

Gall bladder and pancreas- OK which was good.
He then said that you have a little fatty liver but you had an ultrasound 11 years ago and it's the exact same is it was. I didn't even recall having an ultrasound 11 years ago but apparently I did.
I asked him a few questions , etc. and what causes it. He said with me it could be a combo or booze, genetics and diet. I have a f/u with him on Tuesday to discuss a long term plan of diet, alcohol (haven't had anything since). He is also 11 years removed from drinking and has known me a long time so I feel good with him.

I can predict what everyone will say and I know you're right. I'm almost relieved as now that it's a health issue it gives me more of a reason than just quitting to feel better or avoid a future health issue-which I already have. What a wonderfully logically way to think for a college educated family man!!!

Thanks for listening to me. I do have a question as I've read EXTENSIVELY on this site.

1) I not so much afraid to quit drinking (maybe I am). Whats happening to me now is I'm looking at every situation in the future or things I took for granted with drinking and saying, "Holy ****, how am I going to golf, go to parties or anything that I've done socially feeling this naked". How did/do you deal with that?

I'm sure there's book that can and are written on this but any feedback on this would help.

Thank you.