Thread: Another try
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BrianK

Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
Thank you all

I have not had any help or been to any meetings and I feel like thats my downfall. I keep it all inside me and drink on my own and have nobody to talk to about it.feel like i would be judged and humiliated. Not logical i know. Its a big leap to go to meetings, you are doing great by being open to people and letting people help. Its great to hear!
I always had that sneaking suspicion, too. And I've been in and out of the program for 12 years. And yet no one ever shook their head when I walked back in the doors. But I let the voice of the Enemy get going in my head and talk me out of it too many times. What was really awesome was when I'd been going to a meeting for a couple weeks and becoming a little bit of a "regular", and then another person with their first 24 hours sobriety came, and I could really feel why no one ever shamed me: compassion. This outpouring of kindness and joy that I was feeling for someone else having the guts to step in the door was what those people were feeling towards me, too! Only took me a couple decades to realize it