View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 08:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Zamie

That's a pretty scary story @ThatWasTheOldMe. Luckily I don't drive, I'm pretty sure that if I did drive and lived a long way from an off-license I would have driven while over the legal limit. My local liquor outlet is only 5 minutes walk from my place. Once a blessing, now a curse because it would be so easy to nip out and stock up.

I'm actually too embarrassed to tell my Dr the truth about how much I have been drinking.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my post. I guess I need to re-evaluate my journey from here. I just need to make it to a whole month sober, and then take the next steps from there. But even 17 days in, my skin is great, my sleep is great, and I'm already losing weight. I feel calmer. Not so angry.

The down side is that I've been online shopping like a demon due to boredom, replacing my alcoholic treats with shopping thrills. But at least I remember what I've bought the next day lol.

I'm going to hang around SR to keep myself in check. I've given up marijuana and cigarettes over the last six years, that was easy - this not so much.