View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
WeThinkNot

Originally Posted by Snowball99 View Post
This experiment has shown me that not drinking is much better and drinking was actually giving me my bulk of problems. It's like a handicap. So this gives me motivation and hope. I'm on day 3 again and am at the feeling better point. I will be pacing myself and making sure I get enough sleep. I know that it's ok to cut down work time and rest sometimes because if I decide to stress myself then I will drink and the next day will be far less productive and cause a lot of anxiety. So better to put not drinking as a priority and the rest will work out much better.
Hi Snowball,

I was a functional alcoholic for many years. Some people hate the term but I believe it adequately conveys what it's supposed to. I managed to hold a job, barely keep my finances in order enough to continue drinking, and was putting up the outward façade as best as I could.

After two years of sobriety and putting in the hard work of fixing myself I have made a pleasant discovery. Life is easy. Just think about how much energy and effort is expended trying to hold your life together while being a heavy alcoholic. Remove drinking from the equation, put some genuine effort into recovery and it is like finding the cheat code to life.

Make no mistake about it, early sobriety is tough. But after putting in the time and effort it was amazing to me how quickly and how easily my problems went away.