View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 01:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SoberCAH

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
If controlling cravings was that easy then no-one would suffer from alcoholism and this site would not need to exist so maybe go easy on the tough talk. Reaching out is really hard to do.

I put myself in rehab, simply because I couldn’t cope with everything going on in life as well as trying to learn new coping skills. It was too overwhelming and I just couldn’t focus on staying sober. I stayed for 7 weeks, having daily counselling, daily meditation, mindfulness sessions, classes on different coping mechanisms, classes to understand the medical part of addiction and how it works, regular meals and being around people who understood the struggle to be able to talk to at anytime of the day was a godsend for me. I learnt so much in that time and are nearly a year sober so rehab was a great choice that I made for me.

I don’t know much about the insurance stuff as I am in the U.K. and had to go to another country for rehab as I had to pay for it myself and couldn’t afford treatment in the U.K. I also did not require a medical detox but I did require a mental detox and that is what rehab gave me.

I hope you find somewhere suitable, just keep researching and looking and somewhere will come up. Best of luck and take care of yourself xx
Your experience sounds similar to mine.

I stayed for 5 weeks.

I was grateful for every day that I stayed, for the reasons that you site in your post.

BTW, we're all excited about partying (from our various perches around the world) on June 11.