Old 06-01-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Guener

Well, you do have some complicated medical issues that would cause anxiety in a lot of people, but you are under the care of medical professionals, so that is a good start. I have Crohn's Disease, so I know what it's like to go through some of this stuff with GI doctors and the idea of living with a chronic disease. You can live a reasonably good, healthy life with changes.

One thing that has helped me a lot was giving up the alcohol -- physically and mentally. It's not going to be helpful to you, so I would stop. You can get a better medical and mental picture without it.

If you are concerned about your mental health, then go see a psychiatrist for an evaluation. Prolonged stress and anxiety isn't good for you, and if you are having depression and feelings of worthlessness that are interfering with your life, it's worth the visit. You might find that you just need some therapy or that medication is recommended, but you will need that advice also from professionals.

Don't you think that soothing yourself with alcohol over this is probably not the way to go?