View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Misssy2

The only way they are going to take you inpatient is if you are DRUNK....Inpatient is required "medically" for detox for most people.

I feel like you are in a bind because even now..if you got drunk today...Medical could give a hard time because questions "intake" asks will be how long have you been drinking...people usually drinking for 2 weeks or more and large amounts who state they can not stop without help could be in danger if they tried to stop on their own which is why "medical" will then approve a stay.

Wondering if there is another place you can call that doesn't already KNOW your story..and you would have to get drunk....to get in....you also would have to tell them you have been drinking for the last 2 months and the job siutation etc.

Or you could just get drunk and tell them that you were drunk the first time you called but you didn't think they would take you in drunk.

Like I said you are in a bind for being SOBER for a WEEK....IMAGINE THAT?

I would prefer inpatient too because of the attention and the therapy and how they set you up on the outside with possibly the right Drs to get you on the right track.