Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
There is bound to be discomfort in the beginning. You have to endure it. It's the only way. Your addiction knows what strings to pull to get you to go back on your decision to quit. You have to stay firm.

Everybody who has gotten and remains sober has gone through the same thing you have, and succeeded. So can you.
carl pretty much took the words out of my mouth.
early recovery was a straight up bitch for me- mentally,emotionally, and physically. sleep? whats that? lack of sleep didnt kill me.none of the symptoms of years of drinking killed me. the only way through it was through it.
everything got better over T.I.M.E. -T.I.M.E. that i spent bustin my ass off learning about myself and fighting the mental obsession.
it was well worth every second i had to endure in early recovery.

recovery-the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost;a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength.

on this:
I don’t have any major withdrawal symptoms but the ones I do have get to me so I pick up again.

i hope ya stop using that as an excuse to drink or justifying this as why you drink. theres a high probability ya drink because of untreated alcoholism,which one symptom of untreated alcoholism is using excuses to drink.