View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Resurgence

@dj look - Thank you for your comprehensive response!

I've also learned in sobriety that my self-esteem is directly related to the little things I do each day. I have been able to build upon the small consistencies I've incorporated into my everyday living.

I 100% agree with you on this having read The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg a few years ago (which I recommend to anyone interested in revamping their lives from the ground up by applying small, but incredibly powerful changes to one's mindset and actions).

On another note, I noticed you're based in Nashville and I was wondering if you enjoy the music scene there? Also, if so, how do you cope when watching live music?

@ChloeBitsy - If you're struggling (which I still am, every day), please read my previous threads. I've made strides in the past couple of weeks, but it's still early days. You will get to where I am, though. And when you're there (or here), I'll be a couple of weeks ahead of you, and I'll let you know how a month of sobriety looks and feels!

@INTG - What were the hobbies you took up during your previous sober periods? - I highly doubt they'll be as awesome sounding as learning to play the accordion!

@Lucy89 - In the past 13 days of sobriety (from alcohol), I've:

started exercising (lightly)
grabbed a bunch of books from the library
downloaded a recovery eBook (Russell Brand - both poignant and hilarious IMHO)
bought a mindfulness colouring book
researched SMART recovery
read copious posts here
stayed the hell away from the pub

As I incorporate more strategies, I'll include them in my accountability thread!

Peace & Love x

Last edited by Resurgence; 05-28-2019 at 12:58 AM. Reason: .