View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Originally Posted by Bathbomb View Post
Obviously this post is directed at me.
I didn't say will power alone is enough. Obviously it's not. Sweeti gets to day 3 or 4 then on a whim (to use her own words) succumbs to the cravings and has a drink. I am not having a go at you by the way Sweeti I am merely trying to explain myself. I am suggesting that perhaps Sweeti is not using her will power at this time.
Have you felt like a drink but didn't have one RAL? Will power. Have you had an argument with your AV and won? Will power.
It may sound like a flippant or silly suggestion to you RAL but I wouldn't be on day 50 without will power.
I was trying to be supportive and helpful. Were you? Every one of us who have not given in to the temptation has used among other things will power.
Definition of will power - The ability to control your own thoughts and the way in which you behave. The ability to resist short term temptations in order to meet long term goals. Will power comes in handy. I used it just then in my response to you.
Sorry Dee, I'll show myself out.
My post wasn't directed at you at all bathbomb. It was in direct response to Sweetichick's earlier post saying she had lots of inner strength and would use it not to drink. I responded saying will power is not enough and outside help is needed. I thought it was clear I was speaking to her.