View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
snitch

No, no, no, no!!! You are heading into insane thinking. Starting to romanatcize the drink. Thinking you can moderate when that is not your truth.

Originally Posted by zoos View Post

I've spent ten years of my life binge drinking..not being able to moderate. And I've stopped drinking for 1-2 months a few times during that period. The last period of sobriety was a year and a half ago. I was doing great, feeling good, going to the gym 5 x a week. Then New Year's Eve came.

When I don't drink I feel so good; I go to the gym every day, I read, my head is clear. I get things done. I'm looking to start the next chapter in my life, and as sad as I am to say, alcohol must not play a part.

As much as I love the taste (and buzz) of a frothy craft beer, it's not worth it. That one beer will very likely lead to 9+. It's hard to say goodbye...but it really is the only way to be healthy.

Welcome day two.
This was your first post here.

if you are an alcoholic like me you will never be able to moderate. There will never be enough alcohol to satisfy you. It will ruin your holiday and it will ruin your life.

I suggest writing a gratitude list of everything you are grateful for today because you are sober.