View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 02:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

I met an awesome guy in patient rehab who was there for alcohol. He would get completely out of control and destroy things, become violent. He was there this time because he stole the HUGE official bible from the local church then walked 4 km to the pub to give everyone benedictions. Obviously the police were called and he got into a nasty fight with them, losing several teeth and was black and blue up and down.

But, the weird thing was he could quit drinking fairly easily and stay sober if needed. But he smoked weed every single day. Without fail. And the reason he lost his driver's license was because he was high on weed, not for alcohol, so he has to regularly test for that.

He is a gardener by trade and offered to come help me with my garden when we got out. I took him up on it. Huge mistake. He was smoking from morning to night, in my house (although I don't smoke in my house ever) and just out of control with the need to go find more. I don't smoke so I didn't know where to send him, I could only direct him to the local bar where the sold the legal stuff. By day 3 I woke up with a panic and when he came out of his room I told him he had to leave, I could not be around that kind of addictive behaviour, it made me want to drink.