View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Clarity51

Originally Posted by Caesarr View Post
Thank you. Congrats to you on your sobriety. I went to AA by myself on Wednesday and I went in there and said it was my first time going to AA alone. People replied "you're never alone".. Hell, I just wanted to cry. Because I feel SO alone. But that realization.. that there are people that understand and that I can turn to.. Really got to me. Being sober is apparently making me a bit emotional. Even though, normally I would only cry when drunk. I think I've just hit my breaking point and I NEED to quit. I mean, it's been 6 days so that is something. One day at a time. Thank you for your kind words.
Yes, 6 days IS something!!! Just keep going forward...one step at a time. Each day will add strength to your sobriety. Some days (or moments) are harder than others but I tell myself to not entertain the thought of drinking. And each morning, I'm glad to be sober. Im so glad you went to AA! I like 1 meeting that i go to that is very small because i dont like sharing in a big group. I went to one meeting that was too big for me and felt shy and insecure when it was time to share. But that's okay. We dont have to share if we dont want too! Im so happy to hear you've got 6 days now! I am over here rooting for you!! Hugs and prayers for you!