Old 05-23-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
dpac414

Thanks for another great weekend thread, Mags.

In a meeting last night the topic was gratitude and there was a lot of talk about the present. I think that gratitude and mindfulness help to ground ourselves and keep us in the present. As I believe Dragon said above, we have the tendency to start spinning into the future with all the what if’s. I’ve been having fears of relapse lately for seemingly no reason and my way of moving forward has just been taking it one day at a time. Also like bim said, if I go to bed sober tonight I will have done it correctly.

Anyway, got another busy weekend. I applied for a part time finance assistant at the zoo, which would just be a promotion of sorts to what I do now but with more money. So I hope I get it. Also, my mom, her BF, his kids, and I are all going to a latern festival and I hope the weather works out. If it does, it’ll be beautiful.

I will also be trying a new Friday meeting at 7 that a guy from my Wednesday one invited me to and I’m kinda excited cuz it seemed like there are more people around my age that go to that one. Finding friends in sobriety has been really hard and it’s been getting to me lately so maybe I can connect with a few people there.

Long post. Just rambling as bim said. The bathroom sounds lIke it’s really coming along, Dragon.

happy Thursday!