View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ImNotThatGuy

Made it through yesterday (Day 3) without too much trouble, but something strange happened. It may have been psychosomatic after reading so much about withdrawal, but it was real.

I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep. Every time I would start to drop off, I would be jolted awake by a kind of panic. The skin on my face feels strange, kind of prickly. My heart rate is fine. Blood pressure may be a little elevated but not serious. I'm constipated like crazy. For the first time in my life, I think I may be experiencing physical withdrawal symptoms. It freaks me out a little. I feel fine so far today except for the constipation.

Is this normal, to start experiencing physical symptoms three days after stopping? I'm not showing any signs of tremors, and my mental clarity is OK. Should I be worried about DTs? I heard it can start several days after the cessation of alcohol.

I do not drink. I have no reason to drink and a million reasons not to. I'm so glad I don't drink! I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind.