View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Caesarr

Back to the beginning

Hi everybody..

You can call me Caesar. I first tried getting sober three years ago and it had been a back and forth struggle. I am trying again. Because I know that if I don't, this disease will kill me.. one way or another.

Stress is at an all time high. But when isn't it, right? I went to an AA meeting Saturday and Sunday night. It was good. I felt good to be there. But it gives me anxiety..people give me anxiety.. Especially when it is my turn to introduce myself and accept that I am an alcoholic. They pause and the whole room silent until I speak those words. To say those words out loud. I believe I am struggling with acceptance. I am working on it. Working on it.. I guess that is all we can do. One day at a time. For now I am just going to breathe and be grateful I am alive.

I remember why I failed years ago. Thinking I could quit on my own. With no real support or people who could truly relate. So I am trying things differently and really working on building a strong support system. So here I am, reaching out to everyone who understands what I'm going through. I appreciate each and everyone who is reading this. Thank you.