Old 05-20-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ek09

I needed this

Thank you for your brave post. I’m finding myself in a slightly similar situation where my boyfriend of 3 years has relapsed. He had been sober before we met for a few years. Truthfully I have zero experience with addiction and didn’t really do any research on it until now. He tells me he started using again about 3 months ago. I’m truly at a loss. I, too, thought we were going to be together forever, get married, have a life together. We had some recent struggles, unrelated to this - he wanted to go back to school and was in the process of applying and we were sorting through these growing pains. I care about him so much and he truly seems so wrecked by his actions and what he is now putting me through. To me there were no warning signs, but maybe I was just naive. This is all so fresh and I’m so confused and having a hard time comprehending and understanding the situation. How do I know where to go next? The thought of him or I ever being with someone else is painful, I want what’s best for myself and him. I know time is key in having clarity, but I’m just so torn. How do i get through this?