View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 01:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

The only person that can answer that question is Bob and he is no longer here to do that. Many know from experience that for some of us to the outside world may have successfully portrayed the illusion that we were not problem drinkers and no-one would have known we were alcoholics in private so it’s not always that easy to tell. I lied a lot and for many years drank in private and secret and if you had asked anyone back then they would have said I most certainly don’t have a problem and drink sensibly.

I like to stick to the rule of not doing an inventory on others, focus on my own inventory. I find for me that when I start looking for and engaging in stories of people who used to have a problem but seem to have managed to get through it and become a normal drinker I am actually looking for evidence for the AV, a way to believe moderation and returning to a normal drinking pattern is possible. Fact is that doesn’t matter if someone else can do that, I know that I can’t and that is what I need to concentrate on. xx