View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sweetpeacan

Originally Posted by loopylou69 View Post
I'm 4 months sober and going through hell. I guess I just want to ask is this normal and when will it get better? I realise now that with sobriety comes clarity, but I'm tortured by flashbacks of things I did and said while hostage to alcohol. I'm so ashamed of my past behaviours and the damage I caused. I've reached out to my now ex husband and estranged daughter, but the emotional scars run too deep and they won't forgive me. I'm sober but hurting so much.

Please, If you've got loved ones standing by you and you're struggling with sobriety, just imagine a future without them. Stop drinking now, while you still have their love, respect and support.

Congrats on 4 Months Loopy Lou your post really resonated with me. In fact made me cry. My husband has recently left me and how I wished I'd imagined a future without him. My recent relapse was the last straw for him and now my future is to be without him. However I am going to put my recovery before anything now (Day 1) and hope that maybe he & I could at least be friends sometime in the future, I hope that for you in the future too with your daughter and ex. Best wishes for your continued recovery. Sweetpeacan