View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
August252015

^^my home group for quite awhile is in a restaurant. Has been for ages. I only get there about once a week these days but it's a neat type of group and the owner and server know all of us.

One meeting I go to 2x a week is at the church literally next door to my house; no excuse to miss since I am always up way before the 730 time.

One is in a big clubhouse. It has separate rooms for meetings so sometimes multiple are on at the same time.

Even in Atlanta - there isn't one every hour at the same place; except on holidays, when a couple of the big clubhouses do that for about 12 hr straight or so.

I share this mostly because it also describes how varied the actual meetings at these different places are - the meeting codes can help you decipher where/what is good for you. Personally, the "OD" - Open Discussion- are my fave; "Newcomers" might appear on a schedule you see and it's just what it sounds like; BB or 12/12 would be Big Book or a "Traditions" meeting (here those are two separate kinds)....mens, womens...

Above all - just go - and let us know! Last comment- all meetings aren't the same as far as you "clicking" so my strong suggestion is to go to a good number, the 90 in 90 (meetings in days) or at least 30/30 to start to get a feel for things.