View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Katerina1072 View Post
I get what you're saying. I think what I meant is more along the lines of him always playing the victim, every time he does something wrong. And sadly, when he tells the story, he will once again get to play victim. I know it's the addiction, but it still hurts.
It is and it isn't? Have you ever heard a man (or a woman I suppose, although I have never, personally, heard a woman say this)

She took me for everything! I bought all of my wives a house and now I don't have a house, I looked after her like she was a queen and she has everything, what about me!

Yeah well, she probably has the house because there are children or because she bought him out because she wanted to take on the responsibility and he didn't. If that isn't the case the fact that he didn't try to settle it another way is his to own.

Point being, thinking people know this. They may nod their heads and say "oh that's too bad" but that's not what they are probably thinking. Even that is beside the point because it doesn't matter! You know who you are, you know what's going on, you know that you have integrity. That's important, that you know, that you are doing the next right thing.

He is an addict yes, but that doesn't mean he gets a pass on all and any responsibility for his life. Yes, it's a mental illness but it's one that drastically affects those around them and that should never be downplayed or dismissed.