View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
charx53

Originally Posted by Caprice6 View Post
Allow me to be blunt, you need to get over those fears and jump into sobriety head first. Just do it. It is hard the first week or 2 cuz you're an addict, but you don't want to be, right?
As one of our great literary scribes put it, "Faith is what you make it." - OutKast
It doesn't need to be hard, you make it harder on yourself thinking that way.
"It's not a lie if you believe it." - George Costanza.
The power is within you to overcome this. You may wanna try other programs available as well to you. Find the tools that work for you, find outlets other than drinking/drugs/fast food you enjoy. Keep a journal, set small realistic goals for yourself.
Best to you, there's tons of support here and it's what's kept me going in between therapies and programs.

I've tried so many things. The only thing that allowed me to be sober was antabuse. 3 years ago in April I first became sober for 6 months.. then something happened and I went into a cycle of drinking for a month or so then sober again, and a vicious continuing cycle. Then I was sober for 5 months until last summer when I met someone and let things get out of hand and thought I could drink and handle it again.

I am now sober for about a month now.. trying to get an appointment with a new therapist.. taking naltrexone and prozac now and antabuse right now so I cant have the option to drink. I've been so busy the past 5 months with an internship and work and I'm way past my stress limit and taking it out on people.. I feel at loss after having tried so many things.. but the real problem is me..