View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sleepyhollo

No advice really but it is a huge reason why I didn’t want to leave him when he was drinking,. We are a 50/50 state as well and I feared that he would get shared custody and she would not be safe.
My lawyer told me that he knew of a recent case where the guy had been “sober” for 2 weeks, which as we all know means nothing. And he got 50/50. Your kiddo isn’t even old enough to realize probably if he is acting funny because he is drunk.
I don’t think it is unreasonable to suggest sober link. If his GF told you that she didn’t even know he was suppose to be in recovery I think you have legit reasons. And honestly, if he is sober like he says he is then he shouldn’t worry about failing sober link. Maybe split the cost unless he blows positive. Do you have a lawyer? I would talk to a lawyer and see what they say. You have concerns, this is the safety of your child you are talking about. It seems reasonable to me that you would request soberlink. If he truly stays sober then most judges will not give him less than 50/50. I know here they don’t care that I did 98% of the childrearing before and they don’t care if my kid would need to be in before and after care for several hours when she is with her dad. He can take you back to court to fight for 50/50 and it is his right. But you have legit concerns and it would seem reasonable that he has to prove himself. But only a lawyer who knows the local judges can counsel you on the in’s and outs of that.