Old 05-06-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
freshout

New to recovery, reaching out for some accountablity :)

Hi everyone,

I'm ten days sober and just looking to engage people online to have some accountability. I'm still struggling with the idea that I have serious problem although logically I understand that I do. It's only recently that I have learned about recovery and I've been basically breathing recovery podcasts, articles and videos because I suddenly found all of these people I could identify with. Right now I'm taking it day by day but so far truly enjoying it. I can't explain it other than I feel like I'm getting back in touch with who I was when I was kid.

Anyways, I'm tentatively taking steps to talk to the people around me about it. One of the problems I face is that many of my friends are binge drinkers (like I was) and so it might be hard for them to understand. To them, we just party together on the weekends, but they don't understand how I'm always thinking about that next beer or drinking five more at home alone when the night's over. You know?

Before I go, any tips on confronting boredom in early sobriety? I have many hobbies that I'm excited to rediscover but I'm realizing just how much time you get back when you stop drinking.

Thanks everyone,

-Hank