Old 05-06-2019, 03:04 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
noaddedsugar

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Loose judgements could contribute to putting people on the actual path to relapse. Not everyone has to walk the same route to get to the desired destination.
I don't think judgement from others necessarily puts people on the path to relapse. A relapse can't be blamed on things outside of us - in the end it's a decision. I could blame all sorts of external things and use them as an excuse to drink but in the end it would be my choice.

Anyway in answer to the original question I think judgement is basic human nature. I try my best not to pass judgement though and be the best person I can be. When I see a morbidly obese person in the gym struggling with their workout.. some people would snigger and judge however I would think how amazing that they are trying to make a positive change. Same with getting sober.. I try not to judge anyone if they are struggling as I remember how low I was and how much lower I could've sunk.. however I do sometimes find it hard not to judge when the addiction has caused selfish behaviour and suffering to others.