View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 08:45 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

Wow bob, you made it FIVE YEARS!!! That’s aMayzing!!

Good for you tater, it’s weird at first. I hid from social stuff for about the first month ( after I was quit almost 3 weeks and my boyfriend came over and offered me wine on May 18 of last year and I took of it 😩&#128542. So for a month after that I asked him not to drink around me and I did not go to any venues that had alcohol.

My first alcohol type event was Fourth of July so I had been quit about six weeks and I was stuck on a boat on Lake Michigan with everyone getting absolutely wasted. And I kept thinking ahead of time how am I going to tell these people that I don’t drink? Well, unfortunately, my boyfriend gave them a “heads up“ ahead of time and that’s why I was never offered a drink. I don’t think that was his place I think it’s mine to handle.

Anyway 1100 miles away and that boyfriend/alcoholic out of my life, I’m doing much better and seem to be attracting people who are sober or drinking normally.

I do know what you mean as far as thinking that we are “cured“ because our brain tricks us. My sister quit last year with me and she went back to it about six weeks ago and she is very sorry. She said it was horrible and she went right back to where she was. Like that old adage, “one drink is too many and 1000 is not enough“ could not be more true

To another sober day.....