View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 08:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
trailmix

On the upside, back in January it was also the kids and the friends who were at fault:

Originally Posted by Wombaticus View Post
We recently discussed our worsening marriage. He blames me for making it 'implode' several years ago when I started working more and a few other things - all my fault. He blames his worsening relationships with his friends on them being 'hopeless'. He blames his poor relationship with his school-aged children on them.
So almost 4 months later they have moved up the acceptance scale - good stuff right there.

Sorry, it's just so ridiculous you know? His perception is skewed to be whatever serves his addiction at the time. Are his friends and the kids walking on eggshells just a little bit better right now? If so they get put on the "Good" page of the perception book. You actually living your life and - god forbid - possibly enjoying part of it instead of focusing on the tornado just doesn't sit well with him.

It's pretty hard to show (or feel) love for someone that is so hostile.

Alcohol is running his life, it's also running yours and your children's lives. Alcohol doesn't like to be ignored. Tough taskmaster.

I am sorry you are stuck where you are Wombaticus, you deserve so much more.